Nine Years of the Wine Blog and All You Need to Know
1. The state-mandated Three-Tier System of alcohol distribution is bad for consumers, bad for retailers and bad for wineries. But it’s great for the wholesalers.
2. The champions of “Natural Wine” lie, repeatedly, about the nature of wine in general, and use denigration marketing in order to market their wines for which they have a philosophical affinity.
3. Social Media is AWESOME, but isn’t a required tool to sell wine.
4. Robert Parker, Jr. and the Wine Spectator are not the Devils.
5. Wine Blogging in general and the best wine bloggers in particular have forced a tectonic shift in the world of wine media.
6. Where wine characteristics are concerned, Terroir will never trump the grape.
7. Good PR and Media Relations is the art of saying the same thing over and over and over again in different ways to different audiences.
8. Wine ratings are valuable exclamation marks to the story of a wine told in its written review.
9. My wife is awesome!
10. Only two things are necessary to become an expert in wine: Drinking and reading. The rest is fluff.