If the first day of spring doesn't get you excited then I fear for your mental health. Everything is potential and everything is possible…even a trip to Sonoma Valley. And so in that spirit and with an expectant smile on my face, I'd like to offer my…
TOP TEN REASONS TO VISIT SONOMA VALLEY IN THE SPRING
1. Heart of the Valley Barrel Tasting
2. Local restaurants will begin to change their menus adding Fresh Spring items
3. Budbreak will be upon us
4. The tourists aren't yet here in force.
5. Sonoma National Golf Course is drying out
6. The wild flowers will begin to dot the outstanding backroads in the Valley
7. Wineries will soon begin to release their 2008 Rose wines
8. The farmers market on the Sonoma Plaza will commence
9. A seat at the Girl & The Fig's bar is usually available at night during the week.
10. Wine, cheese, shaded green grass on the the Sonoma Plaza.
I’m scheduled to be in Idaho to judge wine and then going to Sonoma County night of Apr 19. Staying until morning of Apr 24.
Got any time during one of the days in between?
I enjoy all the seasons, but I believe Spring and Summer will always take a fonder place in my heart over Fall and Winter. You’re certainly correct about point 7, the vineyard I worked on just bottled their Sauvignon Blanc last Friday and will be bottling their Rosé in the fairly soon as well. It’s certainly an anticipatory experience for me to have been involved in the growing and harvesting process. This will be the result of all that hard work in the Summer sun. Cheers to the warmth and life which Spring carries into our lives.
Sounds idyllic. enjoy.
Springtime, I could agree more! “Everything is potential and everything is possible.” So very true. Keep up the great work Tom!
Thank god Europeans won’t attend. Their dying culture is such a downer…
Excellent top ten list.
Springtime is always a wonderful time of the year to visit Sonoma!
Great info. for Sonoma. I’m traveling there April 23-26. I’ve never been in Spring time and I’m looking forward to it. By the way, your blog is great…I definitely like coming here for your insight. I started my wine blog recently, any input to help me grow it is greatly appreciated.
The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That’s pride f*cking with you. F*ck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps.
Hello Gentlemen, this is my first time on this website and find it extremely refreshing. I’m new to the wine culture and am very interested in getting involved in the sales end of this business. I live in Colorado and would be interested in getting any advice that you may have in regards to getting started. My email follows and I look forward to following this blog