Five Reasons Wine Blog Awards Are Important
Nominations for the 7th Annual Wine Blog Awards are open and running through March 31st. It’s an opportunity for wine blog readers to nominate blogs for awards in a number of categories that they believe deserve recognition. But, ought wine blogs be singled out for honor above others? Some say “No”. There are, however, good reasons for awards for wine blogs. Here are 5 good ones:
1. GRATITUDE: Gratitude for those who have worked hard and regularly to provide insightful information and commentary on a subject of great interest to so many
2. MOTIVATION: For many, the prospects of recognition in the form of an award will motivate them to work harder, create more and improve their contributions to the wine writing genre.
3. DRAWING ATTENTION TO WINE BLOGGING. Awards recognizing the best of the category bring attention not just to the award winners but to wine blogging itself—a result that is highly desirable.
4. ACKNOWLEDGING THE READERS. Awards are an excellent opportunity to gauge the opinions of wine blog readers and to give voice to their interests and leanings
5. DISCOVERY. Through the Wine Blog Awards process, wine bloggers that have not been well-known but who are providing exceptional commentary are discovered by a wider audience.
Help spread the word about the Wine Blog Awards. Nominate your favorite blogs. Help along the process of identifying the best in Wine Blogging.