10 Reasons for Wine Lovers To Rise Up Now
It has been just over 1 month now since the long anticipated launch of the American Wine Consumer Coalition. AWCC is today the only national organization in America representing the interests of wine consumers alone. Not wineries. Not retailers. Not wholesalers. Not regulators. Consumers.
Here’s the update:
• AWCC has almost 300 members nationwide
• AWCC has successfully weighed in on PA’s Privatization and Shipping issues
• AWCC has created a host of great member benefits
• AWCC has been featured in a variety of media reports
• AWCC is growing
But I want now to make the case for all my readers to take a moment to join the AWCC—to lend your support to its efforts. The cost to join is $35 for individual consumers and $100 for businesses.
WHY JOIN A NATIONAL ORGANIZATION ADVOCATING ON BEHALF OF WINE CONSUMERS?
1. Without a single voice speaking on their behalf, consumers will not be invited to the table when lawmakers make the rules and law that impact you
2. The cost to join ($35 annually) is no more than a single bottle of good wine (you can afford it!)
3. There must be a counterbalance to the various anti-consumer interests that seek to stifle consumer access to wine
4. Members receive a Free 1-year subscription to Connoisseurs’ Guide to California Wine (Value: $90)
5. Serious wine consumers often complain about unfair laws…Joining AWCC means doing something about it
6. You get regular updates on what’s happening with wine consumer rights across the country
7. Member benefits range from great discounts on wine media and wine services to wine travel and wine books
8. Consumer movements are effective, but only if consumers are engaged
9. You can’t rely on anyone else (wineries, retailers, wholesalers, regulators, law enforcement, lawmakers) to advance the unique interests of wine consumers.
10. Without a strong voice for the interests of wine consumers, you can expect to see anti-consumer laws passed across the country that restrict your ability to access the wines you want.
PLEASE JOIN THE AWCC NOW: http://www.wineconsumers.org