Top Ten Wine Store Questions
I recently lamented the lack of "Top Ten" lists on wine. I simply hadn’t found many, posted this, and made a few suggestions for those I’d like to see.
Jerry at WineWaves came through with a "Top Ten" list he posted in the Fermentation Comment Section of my earlier post that just goes to show, we have a lot of education left to do.
Not wanting Jerry’s list to languish in CommentLand, we present it here:
Top ten questions from wine store customers who you only see right before Christmas, that keep you humble:
10. How long would you "park" Yellow Tail Merlot?
9. Do you have that Cranterras wine made by Domaine? I bought it here a
few months ago. (translation: Domaine Carneros Pinot Noir).
8. Is Chardonnay red or white?
7. What’s a really good German Caber-nett?
6. Show me a good Murr’Lott.
5. I just had this great wine at the Olive Garden, do you have it? (translation: white zinfandel).
4. Do you have Charles Shaw? It rocks!
3. Show me a really good She-Auntie I can buy for my boss. (translation: Chianti).
2. Where is that Carneros (Pinot Noir) from? Spain?
1. Which one should I serve cold? Red or white?
FERMENTATION is dedicated to publishing all worthy Top Ten Lists related to wine. So, if you’ve got a good one send it here: Tom’s Email